Want help finding a job?
The OCTEC and Jobs Victoria Partnership will help you find and secure work with our supportive and friendly mentors.
We provide support for long term jobseekers to secure employment with a tailored approach specific to the needs of each individual and their potential barriers to finding a job.
It’s not just about getting into a job, we want to hear your aspirations and support you in following your dreams of a career. We know you might not get your dream job straight away, but we will guide you through gaining employment and then working towards your dream job and career.
1800 719 715
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
As a Jobs Victoria Partner, OCTEC Limited is able to assist Victorian jobseekers who are either long-term unemployed for 6 months or more or are at risk of long-term unemployment due to barriers including:
- No skills
- Low English
- Lack of work experience
- Lack of knowledge to search for jobs
- Low or no confidence
- Personal circumstances that affect maintaining employment
- No digital literacy
To be eligible you need to be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident or temporary resident seeking asylum
- A resident of Victoria
- Long-term unemployed for 6 months or longer
You don’t have to be referred from Centrelink to access our services.
OUR SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE
RESUME & COVER LETTER WRITING
UPSKILLING AND TRAINING
ON THE JOB SUPPORT
OUR COMMITMENT TO JOBSEEKERS
- We will respect you – We will take the time to understand your unique experiences and skills.
- We will support you – We will provide you with real support to put you in the ‘driver’s seat’ of your job search.
- We will be honest with you – We will help you to manage your expectations about what jobs will best suit you.
- We will connect you – We will connect you to the services that you need.
- We will care about you – We are committed to supporting your broader health and wellbeing.
- We will believe in you – We will present your skills and experiences to employers so they will value the ‘real’ you and not a misconception of you.
- We will stick with you – Once we have helped you into a job, we will be there for you to make sure that you keep it.
ENQUIRE WITH US
Fill in the form below to send us an enquiry and how we can support you. One of our mentors will get back to you.